Home

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Leaving the nest behind.




We are separating. My house and I - my family's home and us - we are leaving each other.

Now, I approached this thinking it was inevitable, we all needed to move on, it would be better for all of us and really we could do better than this place. Now it looks like it is about to really happen I have succumbed to a bit of nostalgia for these four walls.

As a family we have been through so much here. Our son was brought home to this place. Whilst I was pregnant my friend and I painted part of it together while her new baby slept in the lounge room. We have hidden here in times of trouble and we have shared many, many hours with friends laughing, eating and drinking at our table.
We have opened the doors to friends of ours that needed shelter while they rested from their own life.

This house has provided us a space in the world we could always call our own.

So - I have been mean to my little house over the years. Mainly because it didn't transform itself into something from the pages of a glossy magazine I suspect! I am now realising just how fond of it I am. How much I love what it has done for us as a family and would like to thank the four solid walls for protecting us. I am passing it on with gratitude to the next people hoping they will get as much joy from it as we have.

Home is where the heart is .... home is where the art is .... home is safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment